28 Μαΐου - 1 Ιουνίου 2019, ACSM’s -American College of Sports Medicine- 66th Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida USA
Bridging Research and Practice for Healthy, Active Lives!
At ACSM’s Annual Meeting, World Congress on Exercise is Medicine® and World Congress on the Basic Science of Exercise, Circadian Rhythms and Sleep you’ll find sessions covering virtually every aspect of sports medicine, exercise science and the benefits of physical activity. Internationally recognized as the place to hear leading experts and learn about the latest research, this conference brings science and practice together. More than 6,000 industry professionals from around the globe make the ACSM Annual Meeting their priority conference. You’ll learn, network, engage and catch up with those as passionate about exercise science and sports medicine as you are!
Annual Meeting Objectives:
1. Evaluate the biological, biomechanical, psychological and behavioral changes accompanying exercise in both normal and pathological states.
2. Analyze state-of-the art and innovative basic science, applied science, and clinical medicine in the areas of exercise, fitness, health, and physical performance.
3. Compare new approaches and perspectives concerning exercise science and sports medicine through interactive discussions with scientists and clinicians.
4. Recognize the importance of basic science research as it relates to diseases and conditions that exist due to physical inactivity.
5. Assess how physical activity research and practice can contribute to public health.
Clinically Specific Objectives:
6. Incorporate new guidelines into the care of the youth athlete to prevent injuries and illness and enhance safe return to play in their sport.
7. Develop strategies to counsel patients with chronic diseases to participate in physical activity to improve function and quality of life.
8. Determine which athletes with medical conditions and illnesses can safely participate in their sport.
9. Explore alternative pain management techniques in the care of athletes with musculoskeletal pain to decrease pain, improve function, and prevent opioid misuse, abuse and addiction in athletes and active people.
10. Incorporate best practices in the evaluation and treatment of athletes with musculoskeletal injuries in order to improve athlete quality of life.
ACSM members and professionals interested in the field of sports medicine and exercise science.
Υπό την ηγεσία του Αναπληρωτή Καθηγητή κ. Αναστάσιου Φιλίππου έγινε ιδιαίτερα αισθητή η παρουσία του Εργαστηρίου Φυσιολογίας του ΕΚΠΑ στο ετήσιο συνέδριο της American Society of Sports Medicine όπου παρουσιάστηκαν αποτελέσματα των μελετών μας.
Συγχαρητήρια σε όλους που μας κάνουν περήφανους.